Discover a happier healthier you with Turmeric….
Have you discovered the amazing benefits of Turmeric yet? Though the Turmeric revolution is finally here (and about time too), it has a long tradition of being used as a strong and powerful medicinal spice. For this reason, it has been used over many centuries in many Eastern and South Asian cultures so very highly regarded.
Tumeric = Haldi
Turmeric is more than just an ingredient in curry. This bright spice is also commonly known as Haldi amongst South Asians. Haldi has a range of health promoting benefits because of the powerful ingredient called curcumin, that gives this spice that distinct yellow colour. Nevertheless, do not let the strong colour put you off.
Haldi has long been used to help maintain healthy blood, skin and circulation as well as a nourishment to feed the whole body. For instance, the night before my big fat Asian wedding, I was made to a wear a traditional haldi beauty mask. This actually made my skin glow but minus the slight shade of jaundice I was fearing on my wedding day! In case you are wondering, no, it does not stain your skin but really does make your skin glow!
10 proven health benefits of Turmeric:
In addition to being used as a beauty mask, it has many other health benefits, in particular, anti – inflammatory properties. To demonstrate how incredible this spice is, below, we have listed just 10 examples for you:
- First of all, turmeric contains bioactive compounds with powerful medicinal properties called curcuminoids. The most important of which is curcumin. A substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Curcumin is a natural anti-inflammatory compound.
- Turmeric has powerful antioxidant effects. It specifically neutralises free radicals on its own, then stimulates the body’s own antioxidant enzymes.
- Curcumin boosts improved brain function and a lower risk of brain diseases.
- It leads to various improvements that should lower your risk of heart disease
- It can also help prevent (and perhaps even treat) cancer
- Curcumin may be useful in preventing and treating Alzheimer’s Disease
- Arthritis patients respond very well to curcumin supplementation
- Studies show that curcumin has incredible benefits against depression
- And finally, curcumin may help delay aging and fight age-related chronic disease
And with all these wonderful benefits, no wonder turmeric beverages has been taking the world by storm. It is commonly drank as ‘golden milk’ or turmeric latte. If you haven’t tried ‘Golden Milk’ yet, you must. It is becoming more widely available in the UK but if you are curious to make this beverage at home, here is my favourite home made recipe:
- 2 cups of coconut milk (you can substitute for almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon honey, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of black pepper and grated ginger (fresh)
- Add all the above ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a light boil. Whisk all the ingredients and reduce heat to low. Simmer for up to 10 minutes.
- Strain the milk if you have large pieces of ginger, cinnamon, peppercorns, etc.
- To serve, add honey or a pinch of cinnamon.
- Enjoy warm! Perfect as an early morning coffee alternative or even a night time drink!
Tip: Adding even just a pinch of black pepper can boost the body’s absorption of curcumin by up to 2000%!
You can quiet simply save yourself the trouble and have all these fantastic health boosting qualities in our very own Turmeric Root Chai.
What makes our Turmeric Root Chai different?
It’s a chai, however, not your typical black tea chai. We opted for a green tea based chai. As a result, you get the additional nutritional benefits of Green Tea as well as the powerful health benefits of turmeric. With golden milk idea in mind, we added hints of vanilla and coconut along with creamy milk oolong. These delicate ingredients combined provides the perfect balance to a blend that will leave you craving for more. Not only that, this blend also includes Black Peppercorn which boosts the body’s uptake of curcumin (as mentioned above).
Our conclusion? This chai is delicious and healthy. For one thing, we absolutely are in love with it and so are our customers.
See what one customer has to say below:
“Turmeric Root Chai by Chai Kai Tea Co- part of the March Teatourist Discovery Box. A tea that took me completely by surprise. It’s a blend of green tea, oolong, turmeric, coconut, petals and spices- that’s fragrant, sweet and unlike anything I’ve ever tasted before. Hard to describe. Certainly a very different chai. Certainly a very lovely and unexpected tea” Julian Preston
In fact, we want to share the bright yellow turmeric love so order before June 30th and get 10% off. USE CODE:
You can get our fantastic Turmeric Root Chai here.
In conclusion, we agree that Turmeric is clearly a rock star. So we have decided to combine two superhero ingredients: Turmeric + Matcha = the ultimate supermatcha! Watch this space…
Drink Tea & Prosper xx
Vanessa J Darjeeling
Chai Kai Tea Co.